Delivered to our members on a quarterly basis, our e-newsletter will help you keep a pulse on the local food movement in the Bulkley Valley. With a Local Food Calendar, a section for Local Food Opportunities, and a feature-length article, there's no better way to stay connected with our neighbourhood.
Local Food Curriculum
Groundbreakers has created Northern B.C.'s own teaching tool for food security and gardening activities that will bring local food knowledge and gardening to life. Geared to elementary students, this curriculum based manual details the materials, steps, and objectives of 18 lessons with hands-on activities for both the classroom and outside .
Cookbooks for Kids
Kids Can Cook! Even better with local foods. Check out these RECIPES from Groundbreakers annual KIDS DIG FOOD summer camp that have been field tested and tasted by kids of the Bulkley Valley.
Local Food Suppliers
Groundbreakers has a collection of tools available for processing and storing food. Contact us to request one of these items.
- Deluxe cabbage slicer
- Fermentation crocks - various sizes
- Easy Green Automatic sprouting tray
- Bulkley Valley Farmers' Market (Smithers)
- Hazelton Farmers' Market
- B.C. Agriculture in the Classroom
- Farm to School B.C. : visit their webinar series page for great educational videos.
- School Garden examples from Vancouver
- Healthy Eating at Schools & School Gardening
- Just Farmers: an informal Agricultural Newsletter from the Bulkley Valley. To request a free email subscription to the Just Farmers Newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and include your farm's location.